Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pixie Cut and Confidence

Confidence.                     As you can probably tell, I just cut my hair into a pixie cut. This is officially the shortest my hair has ever been! Cutting my hair this short has really made me stop and think about how hair can be hiding our faces and aiding in our unconfidence. Today as I was doing my makeup, I realized how much of my face is now exposed. Normally I wouldn't have to worry that much about my makeup on the right side of my face because my hair would cover the majority of my skin over there. It was really a whole new experience of trying to do my makeup. I was extra careful to blend and contour my face.

At the beginning of the day, I felt really uneasy about having hair so short. I kept wondering if people would think I was a boy or that I looked masculine. HOWEVER, after a few hours, I started to feel more confident than I ever have in who I am. I realized that this is how I look and people should just be happy with that. I don't need hair to cover up for my lack of self-esteem. I don't need to hide under layers of hair. Instead, I can show my face to the world and be happy to be who I am. I feel absolutely beautiful in this haircut and wanted to share my thoughts with you all.

If you are considering getting a pixie cut, I would highly recommend it. It can give you a burst of confidence that you didn't know you had. It can give you a new way to see yourself. Plus, it's just hair and it will grow back, right? :)

Let me know what you think of the cut, as well as my discussion on confidence. If you have a short hair, feel free to post a link to a photo to be showcased on this blog post for pixie cut inspiration for everyone!
- xmissgumdrop


No comments:

Post a Comment