Friday, February 1, 2013

Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and Powder (photo heavy)

 Today's review is on Revlon's new Nearly Naked foundation. Some people have compared this to Urban Decay's Naked skin foundation. I have never tried it, so I really can't make a call on that. I tried this foundation out for about a week or so. At that point I knew very well that it was not for me. But before I jump the gun, let me go into specifics about the product.


Foundation texture: 
This foundation was very liquidy and thin. It came out of the bottle very quickly and dripped down my hand. 

Foundation Application:
I tried this foundation with two different brushes - Sigma Flat Top Kabuki F80 and Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I was able to buff the foundation into my skin easily. I didn't have to work super quickly either.

Foundation Finish:
The finish on this was somewhat dewy.



 Powder Texture: 
I really really enjoyed the texture of this powder. It is very soft and silky feeling. It feels really nice when you apply it to your face. 

Powder Application:
I used this powder with my large powder brush from Real Techniques. It was easy to apply and matched the foundation very well. It felt soft and smooth going onto my skin. 

Powder Finish:
Somewhat matte. Not as matte as some other powders.


With these things in mind, let's see my before and after with this routine.
 As you can see, the foundation is a light coverage. It really struggled at covering my under eye circles. Up close on my skin, I was still able to see some imperfections. My skin does look "healthy" and somewhat youthful in the after photo. 


 In the photo above I show what the foundation looks like by itself vs with the powder on top. The powder really increases the amount of coverage provided. It helps get rid of some of the dewyness from the foundation. 

Here is a side view where I have acne scarring and active breakouts. You can see that the powder helps a little with covering it up, but it still does not quite get the job done. 

Lasting Power:
This foundation did not stay on my oily skin very well at all. It would start to slide around on  my face. In fact, I have never used a foundation that made my skin feel this greasy after a few hours. I would notice that I would be quite shiny (even with the powder on top). I tried the foundation with my ELF HD powder and it still got greasy after a few hours. I also found that this foundation oxidized on my skin. This means that it changed color. It became darker and somewhat orangey on me. This made me look greasy and orange as the day went on. It was not very flattering at all. 

Final verdict:
If you have oily skin like I do, I would not recommend this foundation. I would just splurge and try the Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. I have not heard that many negative things about that foundation. The Revlon Nearly Naked foundation was a huge disappointment to me and I promptly returned it to Walmart. I did keep the powder because it is soft and nice. I am still waiting to see how it holds up with my Revlon Colorstay. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment